PDA

View Full Version : nehe tutorial on initializing window gives error when compiled

grady
05-04-2001, 02:47 PM
Hi, here's the error:

/tmp/ccodmAFC.o(.text+0x26f): undefined reference to 'glutKeyboardFunc'

It does this for every glut and gl function in the small program. I checked to see if i had the .h files installed and they're there. Does anyone know what I can do?

rts
05-04-2001, 03:02 PM
You need to link in the glut library:

gcc .... -lglut

grady
05-05-2001, 03:40 PM
Ok, I did that and it got rid of all the errors that had the above form with glut* functions but the errors are still there for gl* and glu* funcitons. There are different errors now that say:

/usr/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to 'gluQuadricNormas'

and it looks like there is an error of this form for all the functions that start with gl and glu. I guess if i link another library it will fix all these problems. Is there something else I should link? I've been using VC++ 6 and i think it does these steps for you so thats why i'm confused. http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif

zen
05-05-2001, 05:10 PM
Just use gcc ... -lglut -lGL -lGLU.

rts
05-05-2001, 07:50 PM
Visual Crap++ didn't do anything for you... you probably used NeHe's project file which already had it specified.

All of the NeHe tutorials I've ever downloaded came with a makefile. Why not use it instead? Just type "make".

grady
05-05-2001, 08:59 PM
right right I tried the make file but it wouldn't work. I'll gcc with theextra options.

grady
05-05-2001, 09:04 PM
Ok, the make file would have worked but when i saw it in the directory i thought i had to type makefile not make. SO make worked and so did compiling with the options, thanks guys.