Opengl include files and so on

where the **** do i get these files?
I’m trying to compile a sdl & opengl programm.
well the windows version was easy: get the libs and compile

for the linux version i already found the sdl package named “SDL-devel-1.2.9-1.i386.rpm” and well it worked.

Now I’m trying to find such a .rpm file for gl as well… but nothing on the web, not even on the oficial site… please help me, i’m trying to use linux rather than windows but, well it’s not really easy

bye condemn_vein

the header files and libs should be included somewhere in your linux distribution. maybe they are already installed. have you tested glxgears? if it is installed on your system, say in /usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears, you can find out if the GL libs are installed and where they are by typing

ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears

if you have a nvidia card, download their latest driver and install it. some libs will be replaced by the accelerated versions made by nvidia. additionally some new header files will be installed in /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/include/GL. you should copy them to your default header path- probably /usr/include/GL . these new header files usually include the latest definitions you need for using extensions.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.