glutCopyColormap(int win)

hi

does anyone have any idea how to use glutCopyColormap(int win); ???

how do i get the window ID of the window i wish to copy the colormap from???

a code sample will be a great help to me.

Thanks!

In the GLUT source package will you also find the man pages in the case that you have not installed them already. Here is the one forglutCopyColormap

glutCopyColormap(3GLUT) GLUT glutCopyColormap(3GLUT)

NAME
glutCopyColormap - copies the logical colormap for the layer in use from a specified window to the current window.

SYNTAX
void glutCopyColormap(int win);

ARGUMENTS
win The identifier of the window to copy the logical colormap from.

DESCRIPTION
glutCopyColormap copies (lazily if possible to promote sharing) the logical colormap from a specified window to the current window’s layer in
use. The copy will be from the normal plane to the normal plane; or from the overlay to the overlay (never across different layers). Once a
colormap has been copied, avoid setting cells in the colormap with glutSetColor since that will force an actual copy of the colormap if it
was previously copied by reference. glutCopyColormap should only be called when both the current window and the win window are color index
windows.

EXAMPLE
Here is an example of how to create two color index GLUT windows with their colormaps loaded identically and so that the windows are likely
to share the same colormap:

int win1, win2;

glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_INDEX);
     win1 = glutCreateWindow("first color index win");
     glutSetColor(0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);  /* black */
     glutSetColor(1, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5);  /* gray */
     glutSetColor(2, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0);  /* black */
     glutSetColor(3, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0);  /* red */
     win2 = glutCreateWindow("second color index win");
     glutCopyColormap(win1);

SEE ALSO
glutSetColor, glutGetColor, glutCreateWindow

AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com)

GLUT 3.7 glutCopyColormap(3GLUT)
(END)

Thanks Zico…

However, my first color index window is written in motif.

When my opengl window starts up, the colormap of the motif window gets overridden.

Do you know if i can get the window index of the motif window using glutCopyColormap??

I do not use color index mode but I would avoid mixing GLUT and Motif. Perhaps do you need better control than GLUT gives anyway?

If I understand you right do you want to create a OpenGL window without sharing the colormap. Here is some information about that http://toolbox.sgi.com/linux/documents/OpenGL/xlib/subsection3_3_1.html#SECTION0003100000000000000

Thankz Zico!
=)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.