Problem with Pbuffer

Hi!

I’ve wrote some program, which renders to Pbuffer and its works perfectly on SUN Solaris and on Windows as well, via X Server of Exceed. The problem appears when I try to run it on SGI Irix: it creates only small buffers, 300x300 for example, but when I try to create bigger one (500x500) - it fails, with following error:

Error of failed request:	BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Major opcode at failed request:	146 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request:	27 (X_GLXCreatePbuffer}
Serial number of failed request:	16
Current serial number in output stream 17

I need even bigger buffers, about 1000x1000 and 1600x1600 as a max limit. The problem seems to be with offscreen video memory size definition of their X Server, but I don’t know how to change it and I’m not sure if it is really a source of the problem.

May be someone had such a problem or just know what it may be and what I can do???

Thanking in anticipation.

Do you are sure that you have enouth video memory. On older SGI’s there is a split between texture and framebuffer memory. Do you use FBconfig?

Yes I do. I use regular functions. I.e. not those with SGIX functions name suffix, which using special extension. Gays from SGI now puzzle over that problem, and they claim, that it seems to be fixed in OS patch version 6.5.18 or 6.5.20. But they are still working on it. And I’m still waiting.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.