Color problem... colors locked by opengl

Hi

I am using HPUX10.20

Whenever i turn on my opengl application, the colors from other applications disappear and is replaced by grey.

Is there anyway to free the colors in opengl applications so that other applications are able to use them???

Thanks

What colordepth are you runnung?

-Lev

Hey have you check my reply back in the other forum? http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum2/HTML/007544.html

Don’t know about your OS, but looks like you need to:

1. at the start of your probram, have it make a copy of the system’s pallet.

2. when your opengl program is exited make it restore the pallet to the copy you made when you started your program.

3. And your gl program has not holding the color to be set free, it has changed the value of the color. Unless you do the above only a system type call can reset that color back.

Originally posted by opengl idiot:
[b]Hi

I am using HPUX10.20

Whenever i turn on my opengl application, the colors from other applications disappear and is replaced by grey.

Is there anyway to free the colors in opengl applications so that other applications are able to use them???

Thanks[/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 02-28-2002).]

thanks nexusone …

i’ve read through your reply, very grateful to you … though i still dun understand why my opengl code (simple rotation code) is robbing the colors of other applications… will explore … =)

How about posting your code, so we can see what is going on in it.

Originally posted by opengl idiot:
[b]thanks nexusone …

i’ve read through your reply, very grateful to you … though i still dun understand why my opengl code (simple rotation code) is robbing the colors of other applications… will explore … =)[/b]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.