OpenGL Compiling

I am developing a commercial OpenGL based game for Linux(closed source, atleast for a while). I am developing with the NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX card. I need to make sure that I compile the program so that it will work and get acceleration with all other Linux compatible cards. If anyone knows how to do this, please tell me. I am currently succesfully compiling with
g++ source.cpp -lGL -lGLU -lglut

That will most likely work for most people, as long as you’re dynamically linking to /usr/X11R6/lib/lihGL.so.1 (etc etc)

For most people that will be a symbolic link to their “real” GL driver (and for most non-nVidia people that will be Mesa + DRI).

My libGL is located in /usr/lib. Do you know of a way to still link to a libGL of someone else’s in a different folder, after the program has been compiled?

I’d say that probably doesn’t matter. The dynamic linker (I think) will just see a link to libGL.so.1, and it should find the right one on the user’s system, assuming they have their set up correct.

Of course, nothing beats getting a second system and actually trying it out

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.