New to OpenGL/Linux

I’m fairly new to Linux/OpenGL, and have been looking for some files I need to compile some other projects I’ve downloaded. Particularly several are looking for glu.h. I’ve checked all the include directories, etc and I’m unable to find this file. Where can I download GLX, GLU, DRI and GLUT so that I can have all the functionality of OpenGL on my system?

Originally posted by dsnitker:
I’m fairly new to Linux/OpenGL, and have been looking for some files I need to compile some other projects I’ve downloaded. Particularly several are looking for glu.h. I’ve checked all the include directories, etc and I’m unable to find this file. Where can I download GLX, GLU, DRI and GLUT so that I can have all the functionality of OpenGL on my system?

It depends what linux distro and what card you are using.
Most distros has rpm files opengl.

Check http://www.mesa3d.org/ , there you can find some files.

;jackz

GLX is shipped with your driver.
GLU can be found in the MESA 3D packages.
The homepage of GLUT is given if the FAQ.

Julien.

OpenGL includes are made up of GL.h, GLU.h and GLUT.H.

The DRI is part of the xfree86 display drivers, sort of a Direct X for linux.
But you do not need it to write openGL programs. Direct Rendering Interface is support of hardware rendering openGL vs. software. Check http://dri.sourceforge.net/ web site to see if your graphics board is supported by DRI.

I have Red Hat 7.1 and all the files needed to compile openGL are there with the standard installation.
What version of linux are you using?

Originally posted by dsnitker:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.