Announcement: nvGL is online

Hi everyone,

I think nobody will be interested but I post it anyway. nvGL went online minutes ago http://nvgl.sourceforge.net. It provides Freepascal bindings for NVIDIAs Linux Driver so pascal developers can make use of all functions included in the 4191 release. Is anybody out there using FPC for OpenGL development except me? I feel so lonely.

thx for listening

me! me! me!

is kylix a good alternative?

how can I use freepascal and where can I find such a thing? i used pascal before v3 and 7 in dos. been using delphi 3,4,5,6 an now kylix 2,3.

is freepascal a pascal for linux and if so… can i use those units in kylix as well?

Originally posted by Alien999999999:
[b]me! me! me!

is kylix a good alternative?

how can I use freepascal and where can I find such a thing? i used pascal before v3 and 7 in dos. been using delphi 3,4,5,6 an now kylix 2,3.

is freepascal a pascal for linux and if so… can i use those units in kylix as well?[/b]

At least one soul that does not seem to be lost to c/c++

It has not been tested on Kylix and I will for several reasons not do it (let’s just say I don’t like Kylix and Borlands politic in general). But as there is nothing special in the bindings it should work, perhaps with some adjustments.
‘Free Pascal (aka FPK Pascal) is a 32 bit pascal compiler. It is available for different processors (Intel 80386 and compatibles and Motorola 680x0) and operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD, DOS, Win32, OS/2, BeOS, SunOS (Solaris), QNX and Classic Amiga).’ And of course it is free as in freedom.
You may also take a look at the lazarus project. It is an ide for freepascal with some similarities to delphi. Under heavy development at the moment but actually usable enough for me to do all my work with it.
Links can be found on the nvGL project page.
If you are new to OpenGL coding in Linux it could be quit difficult to get started, but if there arise any problems just drop a mail and I try my best (see project page for contact address, too).

thanks for the link and all.

I have programmed in DirectX before, using Delphi.

not in opengl.

I must say, I’ve already installed nvgl,lazarus and maybe a hello test, but after looking at the nvgl and nvglx unit, I must say that it looks not quite finished yet, I hope that it’ll be finished, I can help you with that, if I only had more time.

I do have yet to make a sample using the nvgl and nvglx unit, so I’d appreciate any help on that.

I have used the Kylix3 open source before, but there aren’t a lot of components in there.

anyway, I need to convince a couple of people who will program in c/c++ with opengl, so if I could convince them it works on fpc (most of them know pascal language, but never used c++ before, a little c). I can probably make them use your units and fpc. but they’ll probably want ATI support as well.

anyway, if you’d be interested in building a new obejct oriented 3D engine based on opengl, I could probably use some help on that.

I will probably start the new project in juli.

I’m in a project that is making a massive multiplay free 3D game for linux only and they’re looking for a engine, so…

but ofcourse this will be lots and lots of work!

I do appreciate the reply and any help

(At the moment I’m converting a c sample)

Alien

I don’t think that this is the right place to discuss nvGL. So send me a mail and we will discuss this in privat.
And an example (which comes with lazarus) can be found at ~/lazarus/examples/gtkglarea just take a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.