GL_EXT_framebuffer_object in Catalyst 5.7 ;)

Yeah, and it works really well.

Even some ‘bugs’ I had with GLSL seemed to be fixed (rendering some GLSL programs ‘into a texture’).

Good work ATI :wink:

yes, I was happy to see this make it into the extension string as well, good job people :slight_smile:

I read the release notes and saw no mention of it though. Either I missed it or they must not intend for the release notes to be for developers, but at any rate I’m glad it is finally in!

I’ve never seen developer related infomation in the release notes, generally its a case of install it, fire up an extension/details viewer and see whats what :slight_smile:

I do which both ATI and NV could produce a ‘whats new and whats fixed’ for programmers using the drivers, but I guess that aint likely to happen…

So has anyone had a good mess with this in the new drivers, because I’m getting a major problem with just binding a gen’d FBO.

On my debug builds I have floating point exceptions turned on and when i simply do this…

unsigned int fb;
glGenFramebuffersEXT( 1, &fb );	
glBindFramebufferEXT( GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, fb );

the driver seems to go off and call something which does a division by zero and then causes an exception to flag. If I run in Release which has floating point exceptions off, it all runs happily , but obviously it’s not helpful for debugging.

This is on a 9800 with the 5.7 drivers obviously. Can anyone confirm/deny they get the same? …for those willing to look, I switch on exceptions using…

#ifdef _DEBUG
int i = _controlfp( 0, 0 );
i &= ~(EM_ZERODIVIDE|EM_OVERFLOW|EM_INVALID);
_controlfp( i, MCW_EM );
#endif // _DEUBG

I’d just like to ask for some confirmation on a matter: can one render to a depth texture on a Radeon 9700 Pro with this extension? I seem to be having some difficulties doing this. . . so is it likely that I’m doing something wrong or does the hardware simply not support it?

Originally posted by Ostsol:
I’d just like to ask for some confirmation on a matter: can one render to a depth texture on a Radeon 9700 Pro with this extension? I seem to be having some difficulties doing this. . . so is it likely that I’m doing something wrong or does the hardware simply not support it?
Doesn’t seem to work, it kinda crashes my testing machines.

Try DEPTH_COMPONENT16 for the depth texture internal format. It’s the only format that works.

Originally posted by spasi:
Try DEPTH_COMPONENT16 for the depth texture internal format. It’s the only format that works.
Yeah, that works. I hope it’s not a hardware limitation. . .