PDA

View Full Version : GL_EXT_framebuffer_object in Catalyst 5.7 ;)

execom_rt
07-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah, and it works really well.

Even some 'bugs' I had with GLSL seemed to be fixed (rendering some GLSL programs 'into a texture').

Good work ATI ;)

bobvodka
07-14-2005, 11:40 AM
yes, I was happy to see this make it into the extension string as well, good job people :)

jwilliams
07-14-2005, 07:22 PM
I read the release notes and saw no mention of it though. Either I missed it or they must not intend for the release notes to be for developers, but at any rate I'm glad it is finally in!

bobvodka
07-14-2005, 09:14 PM
I've never seen developer related infomation in the release notes, generally its a case of install it, fire up an extension/details viewer and see whats what :)

I do which both ATI and NV could produce a 'whats new and whats fixed' for programmers using the drivers, but I guess that aint likely to happen...

GuybrushThreepwood
07-15-2005, 02:20 AM
So has anyone had a good mess with this in the new drivers, because I'm getting a major problem with just binding a gen'd FBO.

On my debug builds I have floating point exceptions turned on and when i simply do this...

unsigned int fb;
glGenFramebuffersEXT( 1, &fb );
glBindFramebufferEXT( GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, fb );the driver seems to go off and call something which does a division by zero and then causes an exception to flag. If I run in Release which has floating point exceptions off, it all runs happily , but obviously it's not helpful for debugging.

This is on a 9800 with the 5.7 drivers obviously. Can anyone confirm/deny they get the same? ...for those willing to look, I switch on exceptions using...

#ifdef _DEBUG
int i = _controlfp( 0, 0 );
i &= ~(EM_ZERODIVIDE|EM_OVERFLOW|EM_INVALID);
_controlfp( i, MCW_EM );
#endif // _DEUBG

Ostsol
07-15-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd just like to ask for some confirmation on a matter: can one render to a depth texture on a Radeon 9700 Pro with this extension? I seem to be having some difficulties doing this. . . so is it likely that I'm doing something wrong or does the hardware simply not support it?

Java Cool Dude
07-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Ostsol:
I'd just like to ask for some confirmation on a matter: can one render to a depth texture on a Radeon 9700 Pro with this extension? I seem to be having some difficulties doing this. . . so is it likely that I'm doing something wrong or does the hardware simply not support it?Doesn't seem to work, it kinda crashes my testing machines.

spasi
07-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Try DEPTH_COMPONENT16 for the depth texture internal format. It's the only format that works.

Ostsol
07-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by spasi:
Try DEPTH_COMPONENT16 for the depth texture internal format. It's the only format that works.Yeah, that works. I hope it's not a hardware limitation. . .