Scene graph, LGPL, interest?

I’m working on my own scene graph, it still needs quite a bit of work and I really don’t have time to work on it right now, but I have a questions for the members here.

Is LGPL (Lesser General Public License) a good idea for a scene graph? I’ve put quite a bit of work into my scene graph (its written in C++'s OOP syntax), in making it easy and flexible, but I’m only building up parts of it that are relevant to what I am using it for, I know that it could do a lot more if I had more time and was working on diffrent projects. If I make it LGPL, I allow others to use it and add functionality to it that I don’t necesarily need, which could expand its functionality.

Partly what I am afraid of is that, if I don’t have a frame work for others to build upon, then they could make drastic changes to achieve them that I may want to be done diffrently (or envisioned it being done diffrently), which then again goes back to me having to prebuild a lot of the functionality before it is used, at least to initially make the frame work. But this could also be remedied by another means, maybe more of a evolutionary democratic method that will let others create a split in the code, and then to let democracy decide which splits to integrate into the core in a new version, or in a proposal in to how to integrate it (take the best features in diffrent splits).

I’m still undecided of whether I should do this, but I think at least to let other scene graph writers see how I’ve implemented a scene graph, or at least comment on how I’ve implemented a scene graph and potentially give me ideas in how to improve it. If I do, do this, it probably won’t be for at least a week so I could get more time to finish my current developement cycle.

Recently, on OpenGL.org appeared an headline about OpenRM. It’s an open source scene graph library developed by an expertised commercial company. In facr, they released OpenRM under GNU LGPL, so I think your idea should be appropriate, if you intend to open source your work.