GL_LINE_SMOOTH on my laptop

I want to smoothen the line display in a OpenGL program built on my laptop (Windows 2000). However it doesn’t work using glEnable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH). I believe it is due to the poor video card and the poor graphics driver, because the same executable shows smoothened lines correctly on another machine (Windows XP though).

So I want to have a opengl32.dll which is device independent - a software-based version or anything else. Could you help?

Thanks

Smoothline generates alpha fragments, nothing else. The key to getting aa lines working is to multiply the source color by the alpha fragments representing the aa weights/coverage.

So, try glBlengFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SOURCE_ALPHA); and glEnable(GL_BLEND);

It works! Thank you! But I don’t understand why the previous version(without blending) worked on XP. Hmm…just because that opengl implementation is wrong?

Originally posted by dorbie:
[b]Smoothline generates alpha fragments, nothing else. The key to getting aa lines working is to multiply the source color by the alpha fragments representing the aa weights/coverage.

So, try glBlengFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SOURCE_ALPHA); and glEnable(GL_BLEND);[/b]

>> software-based version
just in case - Mesa - http://www.mesa3d.org