OpenGL Driver Information Viewer tool

I tried to search a tool that can display current OpenGL driver informations and extensions. I didn’t found anything. So I’ve made one you can download it here:
http://myftp.worldnet.fr/~stedenis/public/glview.zip (34Kb)

If someone else can test it. It enumerates the extensions and links directly on SGI database in order to retrieve the documentation. I think it’s quite useful tool when developing the OpenGL extensions.

Great program…
it works just fine with my Diamond Viper II…
There are just 4 extensions that don’t jump to the link, but they are extensions only for the S3 chip.

Bruno

Hmm, it doesn’t work at all on Windows NT.

to the link, but they are extensions only for the S3 chip.

Yes, you are talking about the GL_S3TC I think. In fact, I only links the extensions that SGI has registred. Problably SGI should updates his database or simply doesn’t want to.

[b]Hmm, it doesn’t work at all on Windows NT.
Strange, since i’ve tested it under several Windows NT 4 machines before (with ATI 128 and SGI cobalt) and it worked fine.

If you could be more specific about what’s really happens and what is your configuration (OS release, video card). That can help me to find what’s going on. By the way, you must unpacked the glview.exe and infogl.dll in the same directory.

I’ve just found a problem with Voodoo 3 that’s doesn’t initialize OpenGL in windowed mode.

It doesn’t work on Windows NT4 (latest SP), with
ELSA Synergy (Permedia2),
Fire GL 1000Pro (Permedia2).
ELSA Gloria L/MX (GLINT MX) - even with disabled h/w 3D (GDI Generic).

But it works with ELSA Gloria II. 8-/
(and it works with SGI software implementation).

wow dude, nice program… VERY useful. It worked fine under Win2000 with a ati chip for me!

[This message has been edited by ngill (edited 08-02-2000).]

[b]It doesn’t work on Windows NT4 (latest SP), with ELSA Synergy (Permedia2),Fire GL 1000Pro (Permedia2). ELSA Gloria L/MX (GLINT MX) - even with disabled h/w 3D (GDI Generic).

Try the version (same address).It fixes some possible initialization problems. What happens exactly, do you get any error message or does it simply don’t run?

Now it works.

But doesn’t show some extensions:

(ELSA Gloria L/MX)
GL_ELSA_MAXtreme

(Fire GL 1000Pro)
GL_3DLabs_Driver_State

(ELSA Synergy)
GL_KTX_buffer_region

Very cool program!

(ELSA Gloria L/MX)
GL_ELSA_MAXtreme

(Fire GL 1000Pro)
GL_3DLabs_Driver_State

(ELSA Synergy)
GL_KTX_buffer_region[/b][/QUOTE]

If you can use the Save Into File option and send me by email the glview.txt generated(at stedenis@worldnet.fr), i will fix it.

There is another program published as part of the OpenGL Super Bible that operates the same way. It is also called GLView. It works on all platforms.

Tested v1.3. I have a Windows 2000 system with a Matrox Millenium G200 AGP with latest w2k drivers. Program works great, no errors.

Vendor: Matrox Graphics Inc
Version: 1.1.3 5.03.025
Renderer: Matrox G200
Extensions:
—ARB extensions: (none)
—Non-ARB extensions:
------GL_EXT_abgr
------GL_EXT_bgra
------GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
------GL_EXT_packed_pixels
------GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
------GL_EXT_vertex_array
------GL_KTX_buffer_region
------GL_WIN_swap_hint
------WGL_EXT_swap_control

Two annoyances: window is always-on-top and cannot be minimized.

Two annoyances: window is always-on-top and cannot be minimized.[/b][/QUOTE]
Get the latest version (same address above)(you can minimize the program and activate the always on top window mode). I’ve notice that the program may not work correctly if the desktop is in 24bit (in a mode not hardware accelerated). It display the GDI Generic device instead.

Seg. faults as soon as I run it.
Win98 SE, ELSA Gladiac GeForce2 GTS

Great program - one minor annoyance though - while you can resize the main application window, I can’t seem to enlarge the part that actually displays the extension information. I always have to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the window. Shouldn’t the user be able to expand the entire window? Just a minor UI tweak, thanks for the useful program!

Originally posted by fenris:
Seg. faults as soon as I run it.
Win98 SE, ELSA Gladiac GeForce2 GTS

Amazing. Try the version 1.32 at the same ftp address. There is an safe mode detection. if it crash again, it will report a error code number then give it to me.