Matrix Palette Skinning

Right, I’m trying to decipher out the ways and means of Matrix Palette Skinning (MPS) from nvidias effect brower example, I would like to be able to compile that example indepentant of the effects browser so i can change it and use it as a learning tool!

i’m doing my Thesis on MPS using pixel shaders but i want to be able to understand MPS using Vertex Programs first! does anybody (hint hint from nvidia!!) have an independant example of MPS using OpenGL! You’ll get credit in My thesis! Think of the fame

Thanks

tony

[This message has been edited by spiralsmile (edited 02-05-2003).]

hum I should have wrongly understand but what are pixel shaders doing with matrix palette skinning?? It’s only done by a vertex program, may be you’re talking about pertexel lighting on animated character (via bones)?

It was just part of the scope of my thesis, i have’nt looked into the problem yet and as you say it may not be possible! for the moment i need to get my vertex programming ability up to speed in the area of Matrix Palette Skinning!!

Thanks for the reply Arath, any other insights or information are more than welcome thanks

tony

this will probably get this closed (for bumping it up the stack!) but I need more info or a demo I’ve been trting to get through the Nvidia demo but Its F @!& ing impossible! So if someone could help with a Matrix Palette Skinning Demo I’d be much obligied

thanks
tony

[This message has been edited by spiralsmile (edited 02-05-2003).]