ATI TRUEFORM

i just got the idea that with ati trueform we can realtime meshsmooth objects. realtime meshsmoothing is at most used in metaball-visualisation… can’t wait for my radeon 8500 to test this if it works, you soon will get a geomorph demo with completely smooth mud you bomb trhough

(and 3d textures are very nice for visualisation )

now… is there an ati-ext for gl yet for trueform? i’ll go take a look now

You are looking for GL_ATI_PN_TRIANGLES . There is a small sample on our devrel site also. You can find it and some others here .

BTW, not many people have done much with it, but the extension can also be used to just tessellate a triangle to get more vertices for it. In other words, there is more there than just n-patches.
-Evan

[This message has been edited by ehart (edited 01-13-2002).]

i did not have done anything with it yet (like most of the people) because there are not much people yet owning an ati 8500. right? but soon i will, yeah! then i will rock on it

ehart,
send me one, i promise to use this damn easy and cool extension !! Yeah i promise (so davepermen can make something too) :wink:

[This message has been edited by haust (edited 01-13-2002).]

The weird thing is, I picked up an 8500 at Best Buy for less than $300 about two months ago. There was no line (or even empty shelf space) or anything, yet everybody complains how hard they are to get.

Now, if my ATI GL compatibility problems could only be solved, I’d be happy as a clam…

How happy is a clam?

-SirKnight

Originally posted by jwatte:
The weird thing is, I picked up an 8500 at Best Buy for less than $300 about two months ago. There was no line (or even empty shelf space) or anything, yet everybody complains how hard they are to get.

The problem is mostly in Europe where almost no Radeon 8500 has been seen. I’ve been waiting for cards to arrive since release but have yet to get one. Finally last week some Inno3D Radeon 8500 cards got in stock in one webshop here in Sweden, so I’ve ordered one of those, I hope I will recieve my card today. I really wanted to ATi retail version, but couldn’t wait anymore, so I settled for third party.

yeah… if i would have known that getting an ati here is so difficult i would have taken the one i’ve seen november standing around in a store too bad…

yeah ehart, if you could send me one i would be happy (just for testing, of course )