Why does running on Vodoo Rush is to slow?

Hello!

1. When I run my app on vodoo rush, I think it is in software mode. How to enable that card?

2. Is it possible to accelerate opengl app on non opengl supported card?

You might be able to use the mini-drivers for it. I don’t know how functional the rush drivers are for OpenGL.

And the only way to accelerate software OpenGL is to optimize via MMX, SSE, 3DNow!, etc.

Siwko

If that card supports D3D (assuming you’re running under windoze), there should be a few GL->D3D wrappers available, SciTech DirectGL for instance.

I don’t know anything about the quality of such wrappers though, so be warned.

Thanks. But how to optimize via MMX, SSE, 3DNow!?

My app runs 60 fps on my Vodoo3 2000 but runs only 1 fps on PC that don’t have opengl supported card. Does anybody know where can I get free and good software renderer for OpenGL so my app can runs atleast 15 fps on system that don’t have opengl supported card?

With software rendering under GL, you probably have to go down to a very low resolution (320x200) and mimize texture usage. Unless you want to write your own, specialized, software renderer that knows about what you will and won’t do.

I have the same problem with my Maxi Gamer Phoenix 2 of “Guillemot” (Banshee).
I have 16 Mo of RAM but with an Trident 3D 8 Mo in my notebook it runs very faster !!!

It may because of the drivers !
I’ll try new drivers !

bye
Cyril