PDA

View Full Version : GLIntercept 0.5 is out.

sqrt[-1]
12-04-2005, 05:32 AM
GLIntercept (The OpenGL /logger debugger tool) has now released version 0.5.

You can get it here (http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~radlegend/GLIntercept/)
Once Nutty has updated the mirror, you will also be able to get it here:
http://glintercept.nutty.org/

Assuming no-one reports anything major here, I will do the news posts later this week. (Also look out for the article on it in ShaderX4)

I would appreciate it if ATI owners can test their code with the GLSL shader editor as I had to add some workarounds to some ATI issues. (ATI are aware of them)

This is mostly a maintaince release for OpenGL 2.0 interface updates but other things included:

- Updated GLSL and other logging interfaces to accept OpenGL 2.0 interfaces.

- Added workaround to ATI issues in the GLSL shader editor.

- Added "Break on shader usage" to the shader editor.
(Handy for finding where a shader is being used in code)

- Added GL_GREMEDY_string_marker to the extension override plugin.

- Added support for multiple draw buffers to the frame logger.

- Added support for frame buffer objects to the texture logger.

- Added support for pixel buffer objects to the texture and frame logger.

- Re-wrote low level interaction code to work on Linux.
Main .dll/.so now compiles and works in Linux.
(Note: I won't be doing a linux binary until I have completed all the plugins)

On a personal note: I a no longer working with graphics in my current job. So I am looking to "jump ship". If you company is hiring, send me an email. More details about me can be found under the links section on the GLIntercept website....

jide
12-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Sorry I have had forgotten you for the linux version and you just remember it. I'll do my best to finish it as soon as possible.

regards

Nutty
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Mirror updated. :)

def
12-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Is there a chance nested displaylists will be supported anytime soon?

sqrt[-1]
12-07-2005, 12:20 PM
If you mean a display list that calls another display list - then I was not planning on supporting that in a logging sence soon. (GLIntercept should still work, it may just miss a render call inside a nested display list - and obviously you have to manually find the display list called.)

How badly do you need it? It would not be impossible for me to add it (I don't think).

def
12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't have asked otherwise. :)
In some projects I do a LOT of nesting where a more elaborate engine framework would be overkill. Storing each displaylist and putting them into xml format would be great!

sqrt[-1]
12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Def: Send me an email (address in readme on website) and I'm sure we can discuss and sort out ezactly what you want to see.