glTexImage2d produces different textures on Win2k and Linux RedHat 8 - WHY???

Hello all!

I’m working on a cross-platform visualization application based on OpenGL.I use texture mapping to display text fragments:

1. I draw all font glyphs on an image (image parameters are the same on both OSs - size, BPP) --> resulting image is good on both Windows and Linux (I write it to a file and examine it with a graphic editor).

2. I pass the pixel data to glTexImage2d using absolutely the same parameters and then I display a test rectangle with a whole texture mapped onto it --> I’ve got a very strange problem: texture on WIndows looks OK, while on RH8, each glyph looks compressed in width by ~10% !!! It looks as if some resizing was applied, so some pixels in each glyph are simply lost. Therefore, text looks ugly on Linux :frowning:

Does anybody have an idea why it behave this way on RH8?
Maybe there are some peculiarities for this kind of OS related to OpenGL textures…

I can provide you with snapshots of the source font bitmap and the resulting texture by mail if needed.

Can this be some kind of a driver problem on linux?!
Maybe You should check your graphics settings

greetz

I’m sorry, it was my mistake in image preparation routine, so it has nothing to do with gltexImage2d function. :stuck_out_tongue:

Long live OpenGL texturezzz!

yeah, and linux still rocks after all! :smiley: