This will be the last time I pimp Spider3D here...

…because I have my own forum now ! I feel funny pimping in here anyway…but there is no other forum here that allows me to pimp…so I do it here . You guys have helped me develope Spider3D so I figure you should at least know about the latest forum addition .

Well, there is no new version yet, but it is in the works. drools Skeletal animation support.

Anyway, please try my forum out…I wonder if I should open up an OpenGL discussion area…by golly I think I will. Without OpenGL Spider3D wouldn’t exist.

Here’s the links:
Spider3D Website
Spider3D Forums

Make sure to check the news section. I have posted the latest news on Spider3D v3 there.

…time to go peek into the Doom3 thread !

[This message has been edited by WhatEver (edited 05-30-2002).]

You’re going from strenght to strength, whatever…nice work.
As for the doom3 thread, I wouldn’t bother - they’re arguing over whether a spade is a spade, or some other gardening impliment.

Hehe, I noticed that…but it gets ya thinking if you don’t already know that stuff

Thx for checking it out! I have lots to do before v3 comes out…but it should be worth it I think

As for the doom3 thread, I wouldn’t bother - they’re arguing over whether a spade is a spade, or some other gardening impliment.

Jeeez! 180-odd posts about weather something is a flipping light map or not… hehe

Originally posted by Nutty:
Jeeez! 180-odd posts about weather something is a flipping light map or not… hehe

Actualy, they’re projected shadow textures.

(a troll)

Did someone mention light map?

:slight_smile:

It’s not all crap if you can be arsed to sift through it.

Originally posted by dorbie:
Did someone mention light map?

Dorbie, could you please email me a picture of yourself? I would now like to take that Doom3 screenshot of the monster in the bathroom and photoshop your likeness onto the zombie.

And will nobody mind if I start pimpin’ my stuff here too?

[This message has been edited by LordKronos (edited 05-30-2002).]

I’m tempted by the offer, how long will it keep you occupied? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dorbie:
I’m tempted by the offer, how long will it keep you occupied? :slight_smile:

It depends. If I just try to do a hack photoshop job, no more than a few minutes. However, if I try to get all of the shadowing correct (you know, soft shadowing and all), it could take me a few hundred tries.

(its funny now that I can laugh at the whole thing)

I guess I’ll participate in highjacking my own thread. We need to make it OpenGL related anyway .

I watched the movie very, very, closely. The only time I saw dynamic shadows were when the light encountered an object. That means characters and map objects. When an object would cast a shadow I didn’t see the map itself casting the same shadow.

Until a real demo comes out, this is all water under the bridge.

They can’t be doing anything you guys don’t know already…

Hey LordKronos, pimp it over at Spider3D! That way only I will be the guilty party . Hey, if I like your site I will put a link to it from my site just like I did with Nuttys site .

Oh, I remember your site LordKronos. I will put a link up in my resources page for ya.

I might send you it if you promise to use a light map when you photoshop me in. :slight_smile:

Whatever, no please don’t go there. I’m just gonna enjoy the game, I don’t think it’ll be as scarey as that thread though.

Actualy, they’re projected shadow textures.

But what is a shadow? Is it not part of the scene where it is less illuminated than others parts? I think so. And how could this lower illumination be specified? Erm a lightmap? To me, a projected shadow texture/projected light map, is all the same. Weather you modulate the result, or overwrite or whatever, thats not really important. Still aint had a reply back from Carmack tho.

Didn’t know you had a link to my site whatever?

Nutty

Richard,

Pay attention when you say that a projected shadow texture is the same than a projected light map: if you’ve read carefully this thread about Doom 3, you will have noticed that some of the people involved are very peeky about the terms you should use .

That’s an interesting thread anyway !

Regards.

Eric

Oh, god, it has actually happened. The Doom3 thread actually got so full that its now spilling over the top

Hey LordKronos, pimp it over at Spider3D!

Well, I was 100% joking when I said it, but what I was thinking about at the time was the other site for my upcoming game, not my perpixel lighting site. But thanks for the link anyway.

[This message has been edited by LordKronos (edited 05-31-2002).]

Nutty, I just put the link up yesterday just after I made this thread. I always think of your site when I think of publicly available OpenGL programs with source code. With that saod I should put NeHe up there too…

Anyway, your site is a good resource and so it deserves a space with the other resources.

LordKronos, I remember you having downloads for OpenGL programs, no? I’m talking more than a year ago. If you don’t have any OpenGL programs for the public, make a page for it and I’ll link to it…

The more links that I can get for OpenGL resources the better.

Originally posted by WhatEver:
LordKronos, I remember you having downloads for OpenGL programs, no? I’m talking more than a year ago. If you don’t have any OpenGL programs for the public, make a page for it and I’ll link to it…

You already have a link to my graphics site: www.ronfrazier.net
I have the couple of tutorials there for per-pixel lighting and shadowing with full source code. I’ve never had anything other than that available, so you’ve already got me hooked up. Thanks

Should I be getting this message when I go to your url?

Temp page for www.ronfrazier.net

click here for the Apparition game development site

I get that message when I try to go to: http://www.ronfrazier.net

[This message has been edited by WhatEver (edited 05-31-2002).]

yeah, just leave the link like you have it now: http://www.ronfrazier.net/apparition/index.html

I set it up that way because I originally intended to have other stuff on the site and have the game stuff be a subsection. I never actually put up anything for the main site though (although there are a few hidden subfolders with misc. stuff…no, nothing worth snooping for either)