nvparse - unresolved externals

i get 14 unresolved externals when calling an nvparse funcion -
nvparse.lib(nvparse.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void (__stdcall* glCombinerStageParameterfvNV)(unsigned int,unsigned int,float const )" (?glCombinerStageParameterfvNV@@3P6GXIIPBM@ZA)
nvparse.lib(rc1.0_general.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void (__stdcall
glCombinerStageParameterfvNV)(unsigned int,unsigned int,float const )" (?glCombinerStageParameterfvNV@@3P6GXIIPBM@ZA)
nvparse.lib(nvparse.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void (__stdcall
glCombinerParameterfvNV)(unsigned int,float const )" (?glCombinerParameterfvNV@@3P6GXIPBM@ZA)
nvparse.lib(rc1.0_combiners.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void (__stdcall
glCombinerParameterfvNV)(unsigned int,float const *)” (?glCombinerParameterfvNV@@3P6GXIPBM@ZA)

for example. i include “nvparse.h” and its lib, i include “glh_extensions” and define GL_EXT_SINGLE_FILE. so what am i missing?
i am using some of the functions in the unresloved externals, like glTrackMatrixNV, and i dodnt use the others, like glCobinerSomething…

okapota,

Hmm, are you doing the GLH_EXT_SINGLE_FILE in a .c file or a .cpp file? I remember seeing a problem like this before, but I thought it was resolved and the corrected code got integrated with the SDK.

Thanks -
Cass

I seem to remember having to recompile the nvparse lib with “Multithreaded” option, because I was linking my multithreaded app to it.

no, I include it in a cpp file. and i do nothing with multithreadin. it worked once, but i formated my computer, and now in a new app i write it doesnt work. but this nvparse thing always has these problems.

Okapota,

I had the same problem with Visual .Net, but not with Visual 6.0. I didn’t find the solution for .Net, so, if someone knows the good project options I’m interested :slight_smile:

Ahh, now I’ve never used VC .NET, so that could well be the problem.

Cass,

if you test the entire nVidia’s OpenGL SDK, only classic programs work (like VAR, or projected textures, etc). The main problem comes from the __nvebExit function, because it seems to override the basic exit function (that’s what .Net tell me). After solving that problem, there is the bottleneck of “unresolved externals”…

thnx, but i use vc6.0.

Originally posted by Pacome:
[b]Cass,

if you test the entire nVidia’s OpenGL SDK, only classic programs work (like VAR, or projected textures, etc). The main problem comes from the __nvebExit function, because it seems to override the basic exit function (that’s what .Net tell me). After solving that problem, there is the bottleneck of “unresolved externals”…[/b]

If you are getting unresolved externals for functions like std::_Xlen or other wierd functions then its usually a problem with one of the libs the demos is linking to.

The problem is occuring because the libs in the SDK are all compiled with Visual C++ 6. You will need to recompile them using VS.NET for these errors to go away.

jra101,

I’ve compiled nvparse with .Net and, as you point out, the “std::_Xlen” unresolved external disappeared. But, it didn’t totally solve the problem ; in fact, there are another linking conflict between nvparse and the program (too many declarations of functions).

I’ve tested several compilation modes (multi-threaded, single-threaded), and I got the same result.

Do you know what project option should I change to make it working ?

thanks

Did this ever get resolved ?

I’m having the same problems at the moment.

I also have exactly the same linking problem, when trying to use nvparse().

Thx, for helpful posts. :wink: