Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Gift Wish Poll:

just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and dont get too full to not work on any openGL haha i know i probably will.

so if you could pick one thing to have for Christmas, something techie(computers, graphics etc etc) what would you choose? for me it would be a new system of course

who are you giving thanks to?
the genocidal maniacs that founded your country?

I thought that most countries were founded by genocidal maniacs. . . O_o

a country that is not perfect as is every country but freedom is more than enough to be thankful for

Thanks for the “Happy Thanksgiving”, although we don´t celebrate it in Germany.

Jan.

PS: I would pick a Radeon 9800, but that wish won´t come true :frowning:

why not Jan? try to go with a Radeon 9500…they are much cheaper… probably $100. check dell or gateway they have free shipping now too.

Originally posted by Ostsol:
I thought that most countries were founded by genocidal maniacs. . . O_o

Yes, but not every country dedicates an annual public holiday in praise of them.
I’m also not in favour of people here in the UK celebrating (and re-enacting) the execution of a catholic ‘terrorist’, but there you go.
Just stuff yourself with turkey and try and forget about the details of what you’re giving thanks for.

[b]Thanks for the “Happy Thanksgiving”, although we don´t celebrate it in Germany.

Oh that’s not true. It’s called Erntedankfest.

And I’m sure every culture has something like Thanksgiving. Basically you thank your whatever supernatural entity you have for the crops this summer.

[This message has been edited by cschueler (edited 11-29-2003).]

Could somebody explain me rules of the baseball game?

Originally posted by cschueler:
And I’m sure every culture has something like Thanksgiving. Basically you thank your whatever supernatural entity you have for the crops this summer.

Err, no that’s not what thanks giving in the good old US of A is about mate - nout to do with crops, for sure. Unless you consider native americans as crops…?
We’d be giving thanks for d-day if things had gone the other way - thank you to Adolf, our founding father.

Originally posted by cschueler:

I’m not aware of such a holiday in the Ukraine… Althought we have the independence day…

Originally posted by knackered:
Err, no that’s not what thanks giving in the good old US of A is about mate - nout to do with crops, for sure. Unless you consider native americans as crops…?

Hmmm… my dictionary says, Thanksgiving = Erntedankfest. This seems to be a false friend though, because different instantations of harvest celebrations are out there, as explained here:

www.serve.com/shea/germusa/erntdank.htm

Not sure who to address if I was to thank the founder of my country. Perhaps Carlemagne of 800 A.D. ?

[This message has been edited by cschueler (edited 12-01-2003).]