Controlling Antialiasing and anisotropic settings in driver

Hi, i’ve tried to check for posts about this but have not found any,

how can you control the drivers settigns for antialiasing and anisotropic filtering, + image settings in the driver.

This applies to NVIDIA drivers, but im sure the same method would work in ATI drivers too.

Any Ideas ??

Cheers chris

Originally posted by paintor:
[b]Hi, i’ve tried to check for posts about this but have not found any,

how can you control the drivers settigns for antialiasing and anisotropic filtering, + image settings in the driver.

This applies to NVIDIA drivers, but im sure the same method would work in ATI drivers too.

Any Ideas ??

Cheers chris[/b]
You cannot control the driver settings only your application’s settings.

For anisotropic filtering
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/Anisotropic_Filtering_OpenGL.html

For antialiasing search for opengl multisampling

As far as I know you cannot control image settings at all.

I think the developer should be able to override the user’s settings for three reasons:

1. Some applications do a lot of offscreen rendering where AA isnt needed it just causes an unnecessary performance hit.

2. The only significant problems I’ve encountered with NV’s drivers occur with particular AA or Image settings. If I can force them off then I can easily circumvent the problem without having to tell users in the release notes to manually change their settings.

3. The ‘performance’ image setting can break applications that rely on ID rendering.

Ideally I would like to be able to switch AA on/off within a single frame so it is just on for the final ‘onscreen’ render.

[Edited]