PDA

View Full Version : GL_EXT_texture_rectangle

titan
06-26-2003, 12:37 PM
I can't find info on this extension on sgi's site. It seems to be exactly NV's extension, but with _NV replaced by _EXT.

On windows EXT is supported by ATI while nvidia and Mesa support NV. On Apple I assume nvidia supports the EXT version.

Why isn't it listed on SGI's site? Why doesn't nvidia support it if it is the same as their NV extension?

V-man
06-26-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm not entirely clear if this extension is accepted by all the vendors. It is described at Apple's site and I think they are the one who worked on it.

Some of us are waiting for a EXT or ARB version or better yet, put it ion the core already (damn it!)

Obli
06-27-2003, 07:46 AM
I heard the EXT version is different and comes from a HP based extensions.
Differences are the texture coordinates management ([0, 1] as always) and allowing all the texture wrapping modes.
I read that on a ARB meeting note but I am not sure.

Asgard
06-27-2003, 08:28 AM
This is not true. EXT_texture_rectangle has the same features/limitations as NV_texture_rectangle, i.e. texture coordinates are also in [0..w], [0..h]. Even the token definitions are the same.

The preliminary spec is available from Apple's developer site here: http://developer.apple.com/opengl/extensions/ext_texture_rectangle.html
At the bottom of the spec it says: "This extension is semantically equivalent to NV_texture_rectangle."

Obli
06-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Whoops, I really goofed up. Sorry.
This is what happens lisening to rumors.