When ATI will release VBO GL drivers ?

Hi!
Subj.
I can’t write programs for this extension !

Bye!

It’ll probably be in the next public driver release, but I hear that it’s already in some of the latest developer drivers.

How do you get access to those developer drivers?

Register as a developer: http://apps.ati.com/developers/devform1.asp

Originally posted by Humus:
Register as a developer: http://apps.ati.com/developers/devform1.asp

Are you sure this would give me access to those drivers? I’m a registered developer for my company and I was told by devrel@ati.com (name of the guy there withheld :slight_smile: that I should wait for the Catalyst 3.3 release, since the support for the ARB_vbo only existed in internal ATI drivers. So…What gives?

Hmm…Maybe I failed to point out that I was a registered developer? Or maybe there’s something else that I’ve completely missed? Am I just stupid? :wink:

I attempted to do so last week, and they sent me a nice auto-reply that didn’t even mention becoming a registered developer. It simply says that my request has been received and will be processed.

Originally posted by CAD_Swede:
[b] Are you sure this would give me access to those drivers? I’m a registered developer for my company and I was told by devrel@ati.com (name of the guy there withheld :slight_smile: that I should wait for the Catalyst 3.3 release, since the support for the ARB_vbo only existed in internal ATI drivers. So…What gives?

Hmm…Maybe I failed to point out that I was a registered developer? Or maybe there’s something else that I’ve completely missed? Am I just stupid? :wink:

[/b]

When you registered, weren’t you given the link, login and password to the secure site?

Not me.

I can try to register again if you think it would help.

When you registered, weren’t you given the link, login and password to the secure site?
I certainly didn’t receive any ‘access data’ when I registered more than a year ago.
Not that I bother, I don’t need (or generally want) ‘dev’ drivers, and ATI has been responsive enough for me when issues did crop up.

But I’m curious, you think it’s standard procedure for them to give you full access? I believe that’s reserved to ‘hot shot’ programmer guys. Pros with big companies behind them, or people with impressive demos to show off - well, you are one of these I suppose

Apparently there really are two kind of registered developers. Such that recieve four newsletter per year and such that get a password and access to new drivers.
But indeed it seems to work for ATI: I (and probably many more) just wondered why I haven’t recieved any login information but never complained and I never had to live with the disappointment for being rejected as a registered developer…

[Edit: typos]

[This message has been edited by stefan (edited 04-16-2003).]

I wasn’t given the access information either when I recently registered. So I politely asked them for it – have any of you thought of that?

– Tom

No. I was sent an Email saying that my application had been processed and that I had been added to Registered Developer database. I was told that I will receive quarterly newsletters and that I will have access to SDKs and other developemnt information but I wasn’t given any secret codes :slight_smile:

Oh, and I haven’t received the quarterly newsletter, either, but I manage to get by without it.

Never mind, I’ll handle this through devrel@ati.com rather than through the public forum :slight_smile: I was just surprised that I wasn’t given my “secret codes” when I asked for the VBO development drivers. But, hey, if I desperately needed it, I’d be like a dog on their heels… as things stand now, I’m not in any particular rush. :slight_smile:

Tack i alla fall! :wink:

I registered about 3 weeks ago but I still haven’t received a response. But I’m not really concerned, when I registered to Nvidia’s closed developer site, it took them about 5 weeks. Bureaucracy…

Frankly, I have little insight in the policies ATi uses, but when I first registered I got the message about processing and so on. A week or so later I got an email asking exactly what kind of support I needed. I basically told them I wanted access to dev drivers, but since I didn’t have any specific reason at that time and didn’t have a lot of demos so I was just told to send emails to devrel@ati.com whenever I need assistance.
The second time ATi explicitily told me to register since it would simplify it a little as I had flooded them with loads of bug reports, but now that I think of it though, I recall I signed an NDA before I got access to the secure site.