Problems compiling with nvparse

Hi,

I’m trying to use register combiners with nvparse but I always get a linking error …

So I’ve tryed to compil nvidia’s exemples (such as http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/1814/ATT/superflow.zip ) but I get the same problems :
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl std::_Xlen(void)” (?_Xlen@std@@YAXXZ)

This problem appears in my code only if I call nvparse();

Does anyone has an idea, what’s wrong with the link ?
I use NVSDK 5.2 + cg 1.5 + MSVS 7 + win XP

thx !
melchizedek.

You get that error when linking to a lib file created with VC6. Since you have VS7 you will need to compile nvparse yourself and link to those libs.

Originally posted by jra101:
You get that error when linking to a lib file created with VC6. Since you have VS7 you will need to compile nvparse yourself and link to those libs.

thanks, I’ll try this

well, that’s not that …
I’ve just compiled nvparse and I still get the same error :stuck_out_tongue:

The current version of nvparse includes a Visual Studio.NET project that by default builds a nvparse_vc7.lib instead of a nvparse.lib. Superflow links to nvparse.lib by default so you might have to modify superflow to link to the vc7 lib or delete nvparse.lib and rename the vc7 one to nvparse.lib.

After I did this I had no trouble building and running superflow with .NET.

[b]The current version of nvparse includes a Visual Studio.NET project that by default builds a nvparse_vc7.lib instead of a nvparse.lib. Superflow links to nvparse.lib by default so you might have to modify superflow to link to the vc7 lib or delete nvparse.lib and rename the vc7 one to nvparse.lib.

After I did this I had no trouble building and running superflow with .NET.[/b]

Well my version ( http://developer.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nvparse ) contains only a VC++ 6 workspace, and builds nvparse.lib
Where did you get a version with a .NET project ?
Could you send it to lad@prism.uvsq.fr, or upload it on a FTP server please ?

thx !

We are putting out a new version today, should be available on the developer site in a couple of hours.

Check your email, you should get a zip with the latest version.

[b]We are putting out a new version today, should be available on the developer site in a couple of hours.

Check your email, you should get a zip with the latest version.[/b]

Thanks a lot