NVOGLNT.DLL and 0xC0000096 exception on geforce2

i’ve change my graphic adapter to shown in topic. but now when i want to start my program in VC++6.0 under win2k the following error occurs: "unhalndled exception in czlowiek.exe (NVOGLNT.DLL) 0xC0000096: Privileged Instruction. Do you know how to solve that problem?
thanks

Ah, now I’ve come across this before…
What you need to do is take your graphics card out of its AGP slot, get a bit of solder (or tin foil) and carefully wrap it around transistor 96234 - make sure you wrap it around 96234, I’ve got a mate who wrapped it around 96233 by mistake, and believe me you don’t want to do that!
Right, after you’ve done the above, insert your card back into the AGP slot, put on some rubber souls (the beatles album) and turn your machine on.
Finally, uninstall your current NVidia graphics drivers, and install the latest beta ATI drivers, and everything will be fine and, to some extent, dandy.

[This message has been edited by knackered (edited 12-02-2002).]

hmm… but is there any other way to solve that problem? or really not?

Originally posted by knackered:
[b]Ah, now I’ve come across this before…
What you need to do is take your graphics card out of its AGP slot, get a bit of solder (or tin foil) and carefully wrap it around transistor 96234 - make sure you wrap it around 96234, I’ve got a mate who wrapped it around 96233 by mistake, and believe me you don’t want to do that!
Right, after you’ve done the above, insert your card back into the AGP slot, put on some rubber souls (the beatles album) and turn your machine on.
Finally, uninstall your current NVidia graphics drivers, and install the latest beta ATI drivers, and everything will be fine and, to some extent, dandy.

[This message has been edited by knackered (edited 12-02-2002).][/b]

Originally posted by knackered:
[b]Ah, now I’ve come across this before…

[This message has been edited by knackered (edited 12-02-2002).][/b]

No no no, you have to wrap THE CARD in tinfoil! Then you install 3Dfx’s minigl’s and run ICQ’s DBConvert utility.

You might have to underclock the card to 1MHz first though.

Oh, and don’t forget the Radioshack 486 fan!

I just replied in a sarcastic and “funny haha” tone to a similar message on GameDev - I think there is something in the air today!

Anyway, in my humbleness of opionionation (did ya like my Bushism? Did ya?) - exceptions are caused by the programmer doing something wrong - either you or the driver writer or the OS writer. I think perhaps you are probably (1) using a buffer that is n bytes in size and asking the driver to read beyond it by rendering x primitives requiring n+y bytes of the buffer (2) etc. things like that…

but… i want to know what can be wrong? driver?

Originally posted by Robbo:
[b]I just replied in a sarcastic and “funny haha” tone to a similar message on GameDev - I think there is something in the air today!

Anyway, in my humbleness of opionionation (did ya like my Bushism? Did ya?) - exceptions are caused by the programmer doing something wrong - either you or the driver writer or the OS writer. I think perhaps you are probably (1) using a buffer that is n bytes in size and asking the driver to read beyond it by rendering x primitives requiring n+y bytes of the buffer (2) etc. things like that…[/b]

The most I can offer you is this:-
You have passed an invalid chunk of memory to opengl.
Or it is a bug in the driver (a bug in that it should be able to handle any other kind of invalid operations without core dumping).
Have you a stack trace for this error? (Retry to debug etc.)

driver bug i guess… now everything is ok (after changing driver…)