PDA

View Full Version : wglCreateBufferRegionARB

renaissanz
11-07-2002, 06:03 AM
For the application that I'm working w/, I need fast readback capability from both the color and depth buffers of a given context. So far, I've been sticking w/ glReadPixels. I was poking around and discovered wglCreate/Save/Restore/DeleteBufferRegionARB.It looks like a good was to take a snapshot of the buffers. What I'm wondering is this: is it possible to directly access the buffers that you've stored using this technique? If not, is there another way (faster than glReadPixels)?

V-man
11-07-2002, 05:37 PM
No, it is just a nice clean way to save/restore. Faster than glReadPixels would be to keep the in video memory. pbuffers would be better way since you can render to it.

V-man

renaissanz
11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
My biggest problem is this: I MUST be able to capture the buffer contents w/o altering the rendering method(s) used, AND the access needs to be post-processed and exported to non-OpenGL processes. If I use video memory, that's out right?

V-man
11-08-2002, 01:03 PM
AFAIK, yes, that is out.

I'm sure some vendors (SGI) have made special functions available for sending the generated GL image to another hardware or API, but I have a lack of knowledge in that area.

V-man