questions about ATI

first question: is there any way to use 24bit depth texture, when i’m rendering to the FBO? note that i want to use texture, not RenderBuffer.

second question: is there any way to use GL_SHORT data format for VertexPointer (or TexCoordPointer) when using VBO? 'cause i have to use GL_FLOAT instead :frowning:

Originally posted by Dark Cheetah:

second question: is there any way to use GL_SHORT data format for VertexPointer (or TexCoordPointer) when using VBO? 'cause i have to use GL_FLOAT instead :frowning:

That data type should be supported however only 2 or 4 components are supported in hw.

first question: is there any way to use 24bit depth texture, when i’m rendering to the FBO? note that i want to use texture, not RenderBuffer.
In Mac OS 10.4.8, I get a complete FBO with GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24 RECT depth texture attachment, on Nvidia, ATI, and Intel renderers.

24bit depth textures should be supported on X1600 and X1900. Earlier hardware (including X1800) do not support 24bit depth textures.

Should work with no problems with 2 and 4 components.

thankful for your help