PDA

View Full Version : questions about ATI

Dark Cheetah
10-19-2006, 06:47 AM
first question: is there any way to use 24bit depth texture, when i'm rendering to the FBO? note that i want to use texture, not RenderBuffer.

second question: is there any way to use GL_SHORT data format for VertexPointer (or TexCoordPointer) when using VBO? 'cause i have to use GL_FLOAT instead :(

Komat
10-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Dark Cheetah:

second question: is there any way to use GL_SHORT data format for VertexPointer (or TexCoordPointer) when using VBO? 'cause i have to use GL_FLOAT instead :( That data type should be supported however only 2 or 4 components are supported in hw.

arekkusu
10-19-2006, 12:28 PM
first question: is there any way to use 24bit depth texture, when i'm rendering to the FBO? note that i want to use texture, not RenderBuffer.In Mac OS 10.4.8, I get a complete FBO with GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24 RECT depth texture attachment, on Nvidia, ATI, and Intel renderers.

Humus
10-19-2006, 01:04 PM
first question: is there any way to use 24bit depth texture, when i'm rendering to the FBO? note that i want to use texture, not RenderBuffer.24bit depth textures should be supported on X1600 and X1900. Earlier hardware (including X1800) do not support 24bit depth textures.

second question: is there any way to use GL_SHORT data format for VertexPointer (or TexCoordPointer) when using VBO? 'cause i have to use GL_FLOAT instead :( Should work with no problems with 2 and 4 components.

Dark Cheetah
10-20-2006, 04:31 AM
thankful for your help