Very Urgent Question

Hello everyone,

I know that my question does not fit in this forum, but I couldn’t find any place to post it and get real professional answers.
I would like to ask if there is any Lightwave3D SDK tutorials that focus on writing exporter. I found the SDK doc are very superficial and lacks of import/export examples.
I need to export in a sepcific format so that I can use thme in my OpenGL demos.

Thanks.

There should be an option to save file as 3ds, obj or whatever, then you’re good to go just use www.hotbot.com and you’ll find what you need. No other ideas

I very urgently need more useful thread topics

I know there is an option to export into 3ds or even I can use a converter to any format. However, I think exporting into your own format is more professional and efficient.
Regarding my topic being irrelevant, I admit and appologize; but this forum contributors are serious about posting good solutions.

Originally posted by zeckensack:

I have an interesting topic. I’ll post it when I get a screenshot online.

Sorry I can’t help you, wis mak.

-Ilkka

Originally posted by zeckensack:

Good luck!

As for exporting in LWO there is always the alternative of writing something that loads LWO/3DS and exports whatever you want.

Originally posted by wis mak:
[b]Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if there is any Lightwave3D SDK tutorials that focus on writing exporter. I found the SDK doc are very superficial and lacks of import/export examples.
[/b]

The scenscan sample should be enough to get you started. Only difference is you’ll want to pop up a file dialog after scanning the scene (maybe before, I guess), and dumping out the data you’ve grabbed from the scene in your choice of format. Probably worth asking this on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lw-plugin too.

And yes, the docs are, indeed, poor.

Rich

[This message has been edited by R-C (edited 02-15-2003).]