Using an alternate context

Ok dudes, i’m a begginner with OpenGL but it seems that the question are not a begginner one, hope i’m right with this and i don’t disturb.

All i’ve seen in order to programming with OpenGL are based on X-Window environment, using GLUT, gtk opengl bindings, etc. But now i need to develop an application that should generate OpenGL graphics in a machine that has not X-Window and not specific 3D accelerator hardware (i’ll use a soft driver). Speed doesn’t matter with this; graphics should be generated by a process and stored in a file (jpg, gif, png…) but not in real time.

The question is: how can i use a portion of ordinary memory (not video device mem.) as a context (framebuffer) for OpenGL output???

Hope you can understand my poor english,

Thanks in advance and have a good one

I’ll answer myself.

I’ve found an osmesa.h (Off Screen MESA) that should be enough for me.

Originally posted by Francisco M Marzoa Alonso:
[b]Ok dudes, i’m a begginner with OpenGL but it seems that the question are not a begginner one, hope i’m right with this and i don’t disturb.

All i’ve seen in order to programming with OpenGL are based on X-Window environment, using GLUT, gtk opengl bindings, etc. But now i need to develop an application that should generate OpenGL graphics in a machine that has not X-Window and not specific 3D accelerator hardware (i’ll use a soft driver). Speed doesn’t matter with this; graphics should be generated by a process and stored in a file (jpg, gif, png…) but not in real time.

The question is: how can i use a portion of ordinary memory (not video device mem.) as a context (framebuffer) for OpenGL output???

Hope you can understand my poor english,

Thanks in advance and have a good one [/b]