OT - Trade Up

Now THIS is cool:
http://mirror.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2002/4538.html

NVIDIA really needs to do this also. I would like to get the NV30 but unless I can sell my gf4 ti for no less than $200 looks like I wont be able to.

If NVIDIA doesn’t start doing a trade-up program, looks like I’ll just start buying ATI GPUs.

-SirKnight

Bah, this is no deal at all. From the looks of it, they sell their cards at full MSRP and high shipping costs, and give you a $50 discount for sending in your current graphics card.

Why don’t you just go to pricewatch and get a Radeon 9700 for $321 instead of sending ATI $350 plus your Geforce4?

– Zeno

Only $50…that’s not that good. I only read that page I posted so I just figured we could get more. Pfft! Also I thought that you can only trade up if you give them an older ATI card. Hmm…but now that I read it again I guess I took what they said the wrong way, and really any GPU you give them will work.

Well heck, I thought this was going to be better than this. I’m better off ebay’ing my card and using that money (which will be more than a measly $50) toward a newer card. I’ll probably end up keeping my gf4 and waiting for the NV40 or something.

-SirKnight

It’s not even a bad deal if you don’t live in North America… (

Register as a developer if you can and get a 40% developer discount, that’s rougly $250 for a Radeon 9700 including shipping. I have one on the way.

Oh my goodness! That’s cool! I guess NVIDIA wouldn’t give a 40% discount for registering as a dev would they? Well that’s good to know about ATI doing that, VERY good to know.

-SirKnight

I’d wait for nv30, if I were you. You don’t want to get into all that ATI lark, believe me - not if you value your sanity

Well if I do manage to be able to sell my gf4 ti for no less than 200, then I will get the NV30. This is what I have been planning for quite a while now.

-SirKnight