Search For Example

I needs some example code of oceanic animals,such as shark,dolphin,whale,and so on, where can I find it?

what do you mean by “code of animals” ?
DNA sequences ?

“code of animals” means How to control an animal’s motion,how to make a static modal move and motion like real animal.

Maybe a good try would be to watch the animals (real ones ) first. This way you won’t get influenced by others’ mistakes and can be you discover something new in that area, which is not something you just solve.
BTW I’ve seen one doplhin demo that probably origines from SGI, but I couldn’t find it now.

[This message has been edited by MickeyMouse (edited 12-12-2002).]

There’s a fine example of sharks and whales
among GLUT demos - it’s called <atlantis>. I don’t
know about windows, but under Linux it’s easy to find
and compile - You can find it in glut-devel or glut-examples package. With only a bit of source change it’ll compile under windows.

Thanks,everybody!Your suggestions are very useful and Maybe I can get a good result.AdrianD,MickeyMouse and LordOfTheUniverse,Thanks again.

I was watching some program on evolution, and it said something like
animals that evolved in water like fishes swim back and forth, the
left-to-right motion, while animals that evolved on land and later
moved into the water, like dolphins, swim up and down, as if they
are running on land. Anyway, it was interesting.

Originally posted by Syslock:
I was watching some program on evolution, and it said something like
animals that evolved in water like fishes swim back and forth, the
left-to-right motion, while animals that evolved on land and later
moved into the water, like dolphins, swim up and down, as if they
are running on land. Anyway, it was interesting.

Maybe I watched the same thing (long time ago).

Fishies have their tail fins upright while dolphins and other sea mammals have it horizontal.

There is a model of a wooden pony in the glut demoes. It runs around in a circle. It’s better to get your hands on a modeler and learn about keyframe animation. That’s what most games do. Create frames of animation (2 will do but more is better) and just interpolate between “this frame” and the “next frame” as time runs. Of course, making it look right is a problem. An IK solver helps too.

V-man

DirectX SDK 8.0 (you just asked for examples, not OpenGL examples ) contains a simple, but nice looking demo with a dolphin(?) as a demonstration of blended meshes.

Prove me wrong, but meshes with bones should be same in DX&OGL

I’d like to change the world, but the God doesn’t give me the source code

[This message has been edited by M/\dm/
(edited 12-16-2002).]