Crashing My Plane and Converting To Borland??

Hi all.

Ok, two questions here. I am writing my first non-cad openGL app and I am curious as to how I can check to see if a model, for example an aircraft, is attempting to occupy the same peice of space as something else, like the ground. Is there some secret openGL function to test this for me, or to return the height (y value) for an (x, z) pair within an arbitrary veiwing volume?? Or am I going to have to go back a million years and relearn that whole bounding boxes algorithm thing??

My other question is one of a program or script I keep hearing about, but can’t find. I heard that there is an app which will convert VC++ .dll and .lib files into Borland .lib files. Does anyone know anything about this?? I have access to both packages but I prefer the ide of Borland C++ and I would like to have a bash at glut 3.7.2 with some of my older apps.

Oh, and if anyone has the MUI.lib source and header file, or a Borland version, please email me, because I have been looking but I can’t seem to find em…

Thanks

Nate.

Firstly collision detection is relatively high level so is not in openGL.

Second the program to convert between Microsoft and borland libs comes with the free borlandC++5.5 compiler (its in the bin directory and is called coff2omf.exe).

I have heard people wondering about converting .dll’s to ‘borland format’ too but it is beyond me how there can be different .dll formats for the two compilers. I have converted the opengl32.lib etc… files to OMF format and they then link with the microsoft dll properly. If it does turn out that there are differences in thier .dll formats then I can’t think of anything more ridiculous

Thanks. Actually, I found a prog that does the conversion for me (implib.exe) with borland. I probably should have been more clear too in that I was after the program that converts VC .libs and .dll files (which BC doesnt like very much because of some minor internal formatting…) to BC happy static libs. Pain in the ass, but what do you do??

As to the collision detection, I thought as much, but living in hope anyway. Damn and Damn again. Track and check seems to be the bain of my existance

Originally posted by foobar:
[b]Firstly collision detection is relatively high level so is not in openGL.

Second the program to convert between Microsoft and borland libs comes with the free borlandC++5.5 compiler (its in the bin directory and is called coff2omf.exe).

I have heard people wondering about converting .dll’s to ‘borland format’ too but it is beyond me how there can be different .dll formats for the two compilers. I have converted the opengl32.lib etc… files to OMF format and they then link with the microsoft dll properly. If it does turn out that there are differences in thier .dll formats then I can’t think of anything more ridiculous [/b]