gDEBugger Version 1.5 is out

Version 1.5 introduces a new viewer that displays a list of shading programs and shaders existing in each render context. This viewer displays each shader’s source code and parameters. Also displayed is a list of each program’s attached shaders, active uniforms values and program parameters.

In addition, this version supports multithreaded applications, displaying a list of the debugged process threads and thread current render contexts. The gDEBugger Call Stack View now displays the call stack of any chosen thread.

This new version can be downloaded from www.gremedy.com/download.php for 30 days trial. If you have previously downloaded a trial version of gDEBugger and the trial period has ended or is shorter than 7 days, you will automatically be given an additional 7 days to test the new features.

P.S. gDEBugger User Survey - Your opinion is important to us! As part of our ongoing effort to make gDEBugger a more productive tool, we ask that you take a moment to fill out this short survey at http://srvy.gremedy.com/ A drawing will be held among all survey participants on July 8, 2005. The lucky winner will receive a free gDEBugger license!

We welcome your feedback. Please submit your comments and suggestions (if any) to www.gremedy.com/feedback.php

Sincerely yours,
The gDEBugger team

It is not obvious how to get to the shader view listing. It seems the only way is the icon on the tool bar. (ie. View->Viewers->… has no option for the shader viewer)

Could be just me, but I mostly use menus when learning…

When you stated OpenGL multi-threaded support, did you mean you could debug apps that have multiple render contexts active at the same time?

If so, an old test application I download seems to hang when run with gDebugger.

I cannot find the origional site but here is a link I uploaded:
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~radlegend/GLIntercept/mtglbin.zip

Hi sqrt[-1],

Thanks for your feedback,

option for the shader viewer
Thanks for the comment, this glitch is fixed.

When you stated OpenGL multi-threaded support, did you mean you could debug apps that have multiple render contexts active at the same time?
Yes, gDEBugger now supports multiple render contexts that are active at the same time. For the test application you gave us, we managed to reproduce the problem and we are working on a fix.

Thanks,
The gDEBugger team

gDEBugger Version 1.5.1; a bug fix version was released.

This version fixes the following problems detected in gDEBugger version 1.5:

• “Break on OpenGL errors” mode did not operate if it was turned on before the debugged program was launched.
  • Shaders were not marked as detached from programs.
  • HTML text log file was not recorded for context 0 (the “No context” context).
  • Added a menu item for the Shaders source code viewer (View -> Viewers menu item).