Anybody using WGL_NV_gpu_affinity?

Hi,

I want to use the WGL_NV_gpu_affinity extension to filter the OpenGL stream to single GPU’s in a multi-GPU system.

I am already stuck at the very first step of finding a suitable driver.

I have tried 93.81, 93.71 and 91.36, and none of them shows the extension. I am using a HP XW9300 with two Quadro FX 3450 under Windows XP. The release notes mention that the release 90 drivers added support for WGL_nv_gpu_affinity on Quadro cards.

Has anybody used this extension already? If yes, using which driver and hardware setup?

Regards,

Stefan.

Maybe the extension is just not exposed in the extension string, but can be retrieved nonetheless with *getprocadress ?

As far as I know it is only present in the latest beta drivers.

Originally posted by ZbuffeR:
Maybe the extension is just not exposed in the extension string, but can be retrieved nonetheless with *getprocadress ?
No, I have tried that. GLEW also reports all functions as missing.

Originally posted by Zengar:
As far as I know it is only present in the latest beta drivers.
93.81 is the latest Beta driver, and does not have the extension.

The release notes state that the extension was added in the Release 90 drivers.

Huh? I have the 97.73 driver on XP. But the extension is not exposed, I guess because I have no SLI setup. Did you try querying the function pointers?

Huh? I have the 97.73 driver on XP. But the extension is not exposed, I guess because I have no SLI setup. Did you try querying the function pointers?
Thanks for the note. The 97.73 is not on the ‘standard’ beta driver page. Google found it, though. Trying it out right now.

The extension is only available for Quadro cards. I tried GetProcAddress without success.

Thanks! I see the extension with the 97.73 driver. Now off to coding…