Offscreen rendering

Does anybody know if there’s offscreen rendering in OpenGL? If yes, how can I use it

I did it, but still trying to find a bug.

I’m rendering on a DIB under Win, it works, I can use the DIB for generating textures or with Bit/StretchBlt paste it anywhere, postprocess it …

It’s really simple creating a DIB and telling OpenGL to render on it, beware coz I’m not sure it renders using hardware accelleration while rendering on DIBs.

The only problem is that I’ve made some errors somewhere and the render results in “4 colors looking result”, dunno why, that source is abandonware for me

So if someone wants to put hands on it just tell me…

Bye

Why not just render to the back-buffer?

Originally posted by MojoMagic:
Why not just render to the back-buffer?

How exactly?

Exactly what are you asking? Drawing into the back buffer (or the left, right, aux, whatever) is the same as drawing into the front buffer - use glDrawBuffer() to get to them.

What is the application?

Chris

rIO:

Rendering to DIBs is not hardware accelerated. The bitmap is in system memory(not on the card) assuming you’re rendering to a device context created through CreateCompatableDC().

J

Originally posted by chennes:
[b]Exactly what are you asking? Drawing into the back buffer (or the left, right, aux, whatever) is the same as drawing into the front buffer - use glDrawBuffer() to get to them.

What is the application?

Chris[/b]

Thanx