VAR and Linux

Is there a similar function under Linux, like wglAllocateMemoryNV?

glXAllocateMemoryNV, see NV_vertex_array_range specs

-Lev

Thank you Lev

quick question…a little while ago I was trying to get VAR to work on linux and one of the functions I tried to get a pointer to with glXGetProcAddressARB() failed.

Here is the actual code:

glVertexAttribPointer = (PFNGLVERTEXATTRIBPOINTERNVPROC)glXGetProcAddressARB((const GLubyte*)“glVertexAttribPointerNV”);

if ( glVertexAttribPointer == 0 )
{
cerr << “Error: could not load glVertexAttribPointerNV” << endl;
exit(0);
}

Do you guys see anything wrong with this? Is this function not supported under linux for some reason?

Thanks for your help,
Zeno

make sure you’ve installed the latest NVIDIA drivers for linux, it actually should work. I can’t check it now, too drunk to reboot its already a wonder I write english not my native language hihi

Anyway, linux should work just fine, i’m developing a framewwork for both Win32 and Linux with the same codebase and so far there were no problems with extensions.

Good luck!
-Lev

BTW, glVertexAttribPointerNV is NV_vertex_program function, not NV_vertex_array_range

-Lev

I know it’s a vertex program extension. I was actually trying to get both to work at once. Anyway, if you can could try to get a pointer to this function, let me know how it turns out. I can get all the other VAR and Vertex program extensions, but not this one…weird!

Thanks,
Zeno

hmm, I would suggest trying to call this function directly, i.e without getting the pointer. The gl.h provided with NVIDIA drivers for linux (its /usr/docs/share/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/usr/include on my SuSE 7.0 box) exports all the entry points for all extensions statically.

-Lev