Binoclar rendering

Hi everybody,

does anybody have a code about how making a binoclar rendering on my scene!!!

thx

I haven’t seen code for this anywhere but I assume you could get the familliar binucular shaped frame as seen in most movies(which isn’t very realistic of course but I assume that’s what you want right?) using the stencil buffer.I haven’t used it yet so I can’t help you much but I’m sure you can find info on the net(such as the Red Book for example).As for the actual magnification you can do a simple translation in the viewing direction although I think that it can be done by messing with the fov of the projection.

A translation in the viewing direction is not the same as a zoom. Zooming is viewing something with a very narrow field of view, while translating is like actually going there. Every wonder why something 500 yards away and a mile away look so close together through binoculars? Its because of parallax. If you actually went a mile, not only would you not see the thing at 500 yards because you passed it, but the parallax effect that people would recognize as ‘zooming in’ would be negated.

I see.So all you have to do is change the fov in your projection frustum computations(or in the glPerspective call) to get it.Thanks for clearing that up Nakoruru.