Now it's moderated!

Anyone noticed this thing at the bottom of every thread?

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic

Yes, but I’ve also noticed the empty “(moderated by)” field at the top of the forums and that’s been there for weeks (at least) but lists no moderators. So it looks like there are still no moderators… yet?

Originally posted by V-man:
[b]Anyone noticed this thing at the bottom of every thread?

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic[/b]

Do we have a moderator(s) yet? Anything we can do to speed up the process?

The process is not inherently slow. We do not know why it has not happened yet or even if it will happen. We have been teased, that is all, there is not necessarily any commitment to moderation by the webmasted AFAIK. He’s just sounded a few people out.

At least it’s something.

I have been told that moderation is on the way, but haven’t been told a when. Last I heard (a while ago) was that there hasn’t been a decision over who would moderate the lists. I don’t know if that has changed…

I saw a post where it said
[post deleted by infamous_moderator] or something like that not too long ago.
I was hoping I could see some action right on this thread. Go ahead, delete it!

Originally posted by V-man:
I saw a post where it said
[post deleted by infamous_moderator] or something like that not too long ago.

no, V-man, that was some sort of joke – i thought it would put some fear on some people(like C++) and stop them from posting useless crap. Dunno if it worked or not. Sorry for inconvenience, if any.

V-Man,

I was also contacted by the webmaster a while ago (May 29th!) to see if I would be interested in moderating the forums (I sent numerous e-mails regarding this problem in the past!).

As I don’t come here very often anymore, I told him I was probably not the best one to do the job but that I’d give a hand if he needed.

He asked me about you and asked who I’d see suitable for this. I said I thought you’d probably be a good moderator and I named a few others. Now that I have read some posts in the other topic I realise I didn’t name dorbie which I should have done actually!

Anyway, let’s see how they have decided to do all that!

Regards,

Eric

Oh, heck - let’s just let C++ moderate for a while and see what happens.

[This message has been edited by VikingCoder (edited 07-15-2003).]

heck, no way – he could easily destroy the admin simply by calling a few DX methods!!!

Only dark side is not enough to destroy the world. We should put C++ and dorbie as moderators.

what a great idea! …well, except that you’ll never see their comments in here, as they will be deleted by each other! …heh, and also i’m afraid some time later when dorbie will get annoyed and put C++ on ignore list, eventually there will be only two sections in here:

“I does love Direct3D!”

and

“C++ rules! And i doesn’t actually know why!”

[This message has been edited by matt_weird (edited 07-15-2003).]

Err… thanks coconut, now I’m grouped with C++ for the first time, sigh. [edit] oh I get it, I read too fast the first time, the shock of seeing my name & C++ in the same sentence threw me, I’m still recovering.

Anyhoo, FWIW I recommended jwatte as a moderator when asked by the admin (I made another recommendation too). Clearly I have a higher standard for moderators than anyone who suggested my name :wink:

[This message has been edited by dorbie (edited 07-15-2003).]

I’d cast a vote for jwatte too, if he wants the job…

Nah, don’t like jwatte - he smells.

Gee, how much has jon been paying you guys?

(Yes I recommended him too. Still waiting for the cheque…)

Will you vote for me if i make a strip-tease ?

It should be someone from Switzerland. They’re always neutral…

daveperemen’s Swiss.