Best way to determine support for EXT_shared_texture_palette at runtime?

I know support for EXT_shared_texture_palette has been dropped for all boards after NV2x (by the way, the nv30specs.pdf document still indicates this feature is supported in the NV3x line).

I have a texture_shader replacement for FX boards, but don’t know what the best way is to test whether the shared palette extension is supported at runtime.

As I do not currently have access to an FX card, I can’t even check whether EXT_shared_texture_palette is returned by glGetString( GL_EXTENSIONS ).

Can someone with an FX please let me know whether this extension is returned by glGetString, and/or what is the best way to determine which solution I should use at runtime?

Thanks!

You should always be able to trust the extensionstring, and thats the preferred method to check whatever an extension are availible or not…

I’ve been checking for extensions with the extgl library . It’s really easy to use. You might want to check it or another extension checking libray out.

If the string is in the extension string, then it’s supported. If it’s not, you shouldn’t believe it is. It really is that simple!