PDA

View Full Version : Best way to determine support for EXT_shared_texture_palette at runtime?

codemonkey76
07-15-2003, 11:52 AM
I know support for EXT_shared_texture_palette has been dropped for all boards after NV2x (by the way, the nv30specs.pdf document still indicates this feature is supported in the NV3x line).

I have a texture_shader replacement for FX boards, but don't know what the best way is to test whether the shared palette extension is supported at runtime.

As I do not currently have access to an FX card, I can't even check whether EXT_shared_texture_palette is returned by glGetString( GL_EXTENSIONS ).

Can someone with an FX please let me know whether this extension is returned by glGetString, and/or what is the best way to determine which solution I should use at runtime?

Thanks!

Mazy
07-15-2003, 12:38 PM
You should always be able to trust the extensionstring, and thats the preferred method to check whatever an extension are availible or not..

cournia
07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I've been checking for extensions with the extgl library (http://www.levp.de/3d/) . It's really easy to use. You might want to check it or another extension checking libray out.

jwatte
07-15-2003, 07:42 PM
If the string is in the extension string, then it's supported. If it's not, you shouldn't believe it is. It really is that simple!