what is your favorite profiler?

I am looking for a profiler for C++ (unmanaged), but i cant find one.What is your favorite profiler? What do you recommend?

What’s your operating system?
Have you heard of vtune from Intel, it’s pretty much the standard tool?

I use Windows XP
and i dont like VTune

Numega Truetime

What’s your favourite off-topic question? For me it’s hard to tell, because there are so many of them.

Well, i don’t think that this topic is offtopic, because profiling your Opengl game\program is sometimes very important.
Well, please share your ideas\knowledge and so on!

Absolutely. You know, I sometimes scratch my beard when writing OpenGL code. Do you have a beard, too? Do you scratch it sometimes?

Yeah, I think this topic is “in spirit”… and really I couldn’t think of a better place to ask such a question.

Originally posted by 147-2:
… and really I couldn’t think of a better place to ask such a question.

How about comp.lang.c++.moderated, or maybe comp.software-eng? Both accessible via Google Groups. The question is certainly off-topic for this forum.

Originally posted by zeckensack:
You know, I sometimes scratch my beard when writing OpenGL code. Do you have a beard, too? Do you scratch it sometimes?

Yes, to both questions, although it’s arguably more of a thoughtful rub than a scratch. Now, where does everyone stand on the thorny “preferred beverage” issue? Coffee? Tea? Juice? Carbonated? Please don’t moderate this as off-topic, since not dying of dehydration while writing your OpenGL game/program is sometimes very important.

AMD CodeAnalyst. It works. It’s free.