HDR renderer test

http://www.area3d.net/nitrogl/HDR.zip

I need some people to test this out. You’ll need NV30 emulation enabled unless you have a GeForce FX
Should run >60FPS on a Radeon 9500/9700.

Controls:
Left mouse button - Rotate
Middle mouse button - Pan
Right mouse button - Zoom
A/Z - Exposure up/down
Q - Dump float buffer to .HDR image (gamma corrected, so use 1.0 curve in HDRShop)

It doesn’t REQUIRE floating point buffer support (WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float/WGL_NV_float_buffer), but if either of those aren’t supported and ARB_f_p is, it’ll look like crap (shudder 8bit clamping).

Thanks.

Looks good . Runs at 63 fps with the default window on the Radeon 9700 here at work.

– Zeno

Fails on GF3 with NV30 emulation.
“WGL_ARB_make_current_read not found”.

Very nice. No problems here ( 74 fps, 9700pro ). Oh, the app doesn’t terminate correctly ( it’s visible in the task manager after closing the window ).

Originally posted by PH:
Very nice. No problems here ( 74 fps, 9700pro ). Oh, the app doesn’t terminate correctly ( it’s visible in the task manager after closing the window ).

Yeah, that’s a driver bug that’s been fixed already.

Originally posted by bakery2k:

Huh…

Hey Matt or Cass, any reson why that isn’t supported?

Originally posted by bakery2k:

Yeah, same on a GF4600.

runs fine here, looks sweet

Looks fine here.

Odd about the WGL_ARB_make_current_read though, cause it seams to be supported all the way from Rage128 on the ATi side:
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=WGL_ARB_make_current_read

Can you post some screen shots at least or create a workaround?

There are a few hundred extensions and for some reason, one company supports one particular ext and the other ignores it. That’s life!

If someone emails them to me I’ll upload them.

It seems www.nitrogl.com is down…

Originally posted by V-man:
[b]Can you post some screen shots at least or create a workaround?

There are a few hundred extensions and for some reason, one company supports one particular ext and the other ignores it. That’s life!

[/b]

http://www.area3d.net/nitrogl/shot0.jpg

Is there another way to “emulate” the make current read extension? (other than copying to a texture)

What do you need to make_current_read extension for?

Originally posted by Humus:
What do you need to make_current_read extension for?

glCopyPixels, I use it to transfer the float buffer to the frame buffer (both are single buffered).

Looks good on Radeon 9700 with Athlon.

75 fps with app pref aa & aniso
60 fps with aa & aniso forced on although I don’t actually get aa due to the fp buffer & copy approach.

Originally posted by NitroGL:
glCopyPixels, I use it to transfer the float buffer to the frame buffer (both are single buffered).

I use wglMakeCurrent(hDC, hRC) in my NV30 demos.

Why not RT(fp)T and use a shader to render the texture to the frame buffer ?

Originally posted by pocketmoon:
Why not RT(fp)T and use a shader to render the texture to the frame buffer ?

Because I utterly despise the render texture extenion, and CopyPixels is faster than CopyTex[Sub]Image.

OpenGL needs that new render texture extension… sigh

[b] Because I utterly despise the render texture extenion, and CopyPixels is faster than CopyTex[Sub]Image.

OpenGL needs that new render texture extension… sigh[/b]

When my long awaited GFFX turns up I’ll gladly test the app, and also try CopyTex vs CopyPixels for rendering a float buffer

Is there another way to “emulate” the make current read extension? (other than copying to a texture)

Well, since you say you are using float buffers and non of us NV folk have hardware support for it…

May I say that looks superb. Add a nice underwater background with the sun shining from above and a few of these bubbles rising up, warping around. Maybe it will end up as a demo at ATI. The background is from the ATI media pack, right?

Very nice! I particularly like the magnifiying effect of looking directly at a light through the sphere.

Unfortunately, I see a seam in the sphere…
www.matt.cruikshank.com/Seam.jpg

ATI Fire GL X1 Driver Version 6.13.10.1028