www.amanith.org (opensource c++ vector graphic framework)

Take a look at [www.amanith.org](http://www.amanith.org) it’s an opensource crossplatform c++ framework aimed to handle vector graphic 2d & 3d for realtime purposes. We are searching for developers to start other related projects, for betatesting, and for port the tecnology to other platforms (like mobiles).

Michele. (contact me at: mfabbri@amanith.org)

The server doesn’t work at this time.

try now ! www.amanith.org

firstly, what’s the point?
secondly, what’s it got to do with advanced opengl?

Now now, Knackered, don’t you see that he was asking YOU to join?

After all, everybody knows that the advanced forum is where Knackered can be found. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you on the beginners forum. It’s the only logical explanation.

(Look Ma, no hands - smack)

I’ve had a look at Amanith.
It seems that classes and algorithms implemented are for a direct massive OpenGL use, and included examples confirm it.
Good work.

thirdly, what’s the point?
in other words, who is this aimed at? what market gaps are you filling? I may be persuaded to help if I knew what the point of it all is.

T101, have you got a problem with me? I’m asking reasonable questions here - the 2 lines I typed were an order of magnitude more relevant in this thread than your nonsense. Zip it.

I don’t care for open-source licenses. I don’t feel like giving out my source code.
http://www.amanith.org/include/qpl.php

Skavenger: I wouldn’t consider myself advanced enough yet, and I’m already working on my own engine. (Who isn’t, by the way…)

Knackered: Sorry if I offended you.
I don’t have a problem with you.

My post was meant to be funny, since your post seemed so negative, and I wanted to lighten up the discussion a little.
I know you’ve got a sense of humour, so I figured you’d get it. Maybe I should have put a couple of smilies in there to make it more obvious.

But it was also meant to answer your second question: what does it have to do with advanced OpenGL.
Answer: nothing, but it does have something to do with people who are experienced in OpenGL, i.o.w. people (like you) on this forum.
Maybe the original post should have been on an off-topic forum, but since there doesn’t seem to be one, this does seem like the best place.

Gator: I’ve never heard of a license that applies to code that you haven’t donated to the project, or to code that doesn’t use it.

Whatever the amanith people want done will depend on source code written especially for the project(s) or donated to them.

I don’t see how that would be a problem. They’re asking for your time, not your intellectual property. If that’s not your kind of thing, that’s fine of course.

ok, fair enough.
Great the way we’re made to feel special as the guy posts his advert and buggers off, uninterested in the replies he must have known he’d get.

T101: Good luck with your engine project !

Gator: using Amanith with QPL licence is free, but you have to release your project in QPL licence, and of course release your sources; but if you like amanith, and you want use for a closed source project askme at mfabbri@amanith.org for a commercial licence. The advantage of opensource is also for commercial use, you can try a full-complete version of the software, take a look to the quality of the code, and then purchase…

For every other questions i’m online several times on #amanith channel (irc.freenode.net)