Full Screen anti-aliasing

I am trying to implement full screen four sub-pixel anti-aliasing in openGL,

I can do this using the feedback buffer, rendering multiple times and combining the results, but I am under the impression that the feedback buffer forces software rendering. Is this the case?

Are there any other ways that I can implement full screen four sub-pixel multi-sample anti-aliasing?

Does anybody know which, if any, card support the multisample extension for openGL. and If this does what I am trying to do in hardware…

… money is no object …

I just must eliminate those jaggies…

thanks in advance

Originally posted by leekerley:

I can do this using the feedback buffer, rendering multiple times and combining the results, but I am under the impression that the feedback buffer forces software rendering. Is this the case?

I assume you mean the accumulation buffer.
Only few professionnal gfx boards support an accumulation buffer in hardware. For consumer hardware, the accumulation buffer is emulated in software by the ICD.

Are there any other ways that I can implement full screen four sub-pixel multi-sample anti-aliasing?

Yes, the GL_ARB_multisample extension.

Does anybody know which, if any, card support the multisample extension for openGL. and If this does what I am trying to do in hardware…

According to one of Matt’s posts in another thread (http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002149.html), Geforce3 will support it. When?

… money is no object …

I hope it isn’t cos GF3 is quite expensive (but still much cheaper than a pro board).