ogl Extensions

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to extract the filename of the (hum) file (dll i think) which manages the opengl Extension, from the driver?
For exemple it is nvopengl.dll for nvidia chipsets, ok i know i could check it by hand, but i want my program to get it at run-time…
thx
Ramses

“I write messages on money. It’s my own form of social protest. A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy. passed indiscriminately across race, class and gender lines and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive. A quiet little hijacking on the way to the check-out counter. And a federal crime.” Zack de la Rocha in Renegades.

There is certainly no official way to do this…

But if you look in the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers

You will have one entry per available driver… Of course, on 9x machines it won’t be “Windows NT” but certainly “Windows”.

The thing is, I don’t know how things work when you have two graphics cards that both have an OpenGL driver…

Why do you need to know this ???

Regards.

Eric

In fact it is for dynamically use card-specific extension extensions…
But that would be really great if it worked under linux

There is something I do not get: you are talking about DLLs and Linux while DLLs are a Windows feature…

As far as I understand, you would like to use extensions for your card under Linux. Which card are you using ? Isn’t there an OpenGL driver for this card under Linux ?

Try to give some more details on what you would like to do !

Regards.

Eric

It does not make much sense for the app to know the name of the driver’s OpenGL DLL. The display driver is the only program which needs to know it.

If you know the DLL name what would you do with it? LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress?

The correct runtime decision to see which extensions are there is to create the OpenGl context and do a glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) and wglGetProcAddress() for the functions you like.