Repeat non power of two texture

After much searching through the discussions, I haven’t been able to find an answer to my question. So here it goes…I’d like to be able to repeat a non power of two texture, but I can’t figure out how to accomplish this as I had hoped. Obviously, the texture will repeat with no problem, but you end up with area between the actual image size and the power of two size being a solid color.

I read up on the texture rectangle extension, but this doesn’t support the repeat option. It seems like I also read on nVidia’s website that their non power of two support via OpenGL 2.0 and the extension also does not handle the repeat option.

So is it possible to repeat a non power of two texture such that images butt up to each other nicely without the empty space?

Obviously, the texture will repeat with no problem, but you end up with area between the actual image size and the power of two size being a solid color.
Then stretch the texture into a POT texture.

It seems like I also read on nVidia’s website that their non power of two support via OpenGL 2.0 and the extension also does not handle the repeat option.
NV4x and above hardware should handle NPOTs exactly as though they were POTs.

Korval – Thank you for your response and information. I have previously considered your suggestion of stretching the texture, but was concerned about the amount distortion that would occur on the image. Certainly some images would work fine, but others would not fair as well.

I’m also glad to hear that non power of two textures are completely implemented with nVidia’s latest hardware, however this doesn’t help with the older hardware.