Slightly OT: Where is Romka & GLF?

The GLF website (maintained by Romka) seems to have been taken off line (the email address does not work either). Does anybody know of an alternate web site (Google gave me nothing) or a way to contact the author?

If permitted by the author, perhaps a team of voluntary developers (me included) could maintain a Sourceforge project for GLF? That would probably also mean a new license, which might be a good thing.

Originally posted by marcus256:
[b]The GLF website (maintained by Romka) seems to have been taken off line (the email address does not work either). Does anybody know of an alternate web site (Google gave me nothing) or a way to contact the author?

[/b]

the current URL is http://www.rovedigital.com/graphics/glf/

Romka is a young man who would like earn some money so he started a company. Which of cause a good thing. But this seems that this is why his old site gone…( the sponsor of free opengl related site did not continue hosting as site more and more had commersials in mind - but this is just my suppose from what I know). Overall Romka seems to be a great man. But the facts whe mentions on the new commercial site…sorry but this is far from reality… IHMO a bit strange way to start to make bussines. So you might contact him but seems he would like have control over the lib and stuff he develops

Good luck both you and him

Originally posted by SergeVrt:
…but seems he would like have control over the lib and stuff he develops

That’s how it works and how it should work unless he CHOOSES to give it away, and thank goodness. At least he doesn’t want control over stuff he had nothing to do with developing, which seems to be a growing trend these days.

Thanks alot for the information!

I just thought that GLF was a great library (its simplicity makes it an excellent tool), and when the site disappeared I thought that the author had lost interest and given up the project.

It seems I was wrong. I would be sorry if GLF turns into a purely commercial product (I always like a free product). On the other hand I wish the best of luck to Romka - we all need the money…

Originally posted by marcus256:
when the site disappeared I thought that the author had lost interest and given up the project.

The site disappeared because the guy who owned the demonews domain and was hosting Romka and myself sold the domain to someone else. The new owner wasn’t interested in hosting us.

I know that guy. He is a long time GL user.

He should give more info on his site, about GLI, GLF.

Hornyspace free web hosting?