Memory leaks

I am using Opengl32.dll in Win2000 platform and found that there was a 9560 bytes leak after deleting opengl rendering contexts. I have 3 windows , where 2 share the display lists and one is using DIB rendering ( get the DIBrendering buffer and update the window.) I create shared display lists initially after creating RC’s and also delete the display lists before deleting RC’s. Still i am having mem leaks when i delete the RC’s in opengl32.dll (found by Purify tool).

Also I read other mails regarding the memory leak in Win2k. Is there a inherent bug in opegl32.dll for Win2k release.?

Hello!

If i right remember, there was a HUGE discussion about this.
The problem is not only in the OpenGL32.dll, more in the drivers from your graphics adapter. NVidia’s OpenGL libary(nvopengl.dll i think) “forgets” more than 3MB in memory every time you run an OGL application regardless what OS you use…

i dunno if there is a solution, i think we have to live with tis fact.

friendly regards,

• Christoph -

yeah… i have this problem now since veryvery long time and everytime i update my drivers i hope its not the same again…

no luck so far…

the funniest is: when lot of ram is used in my system i loose internetconnection and nothing states me that i do so… all hour i have to reboot if i code extensively opengl…

Originally posted by Acid-Chris:
[b]Hello!

If i right remember, there was a HUGE discussion about this.
The problem is not only in the OpenGL32.dll, more in the drivers from your graphics adapter. NVidia’s OpenGL libary(nvopengl.dll i think) “forgets” more than 3MB in memory every time you run an OGL application regardless what OS you use…

i dunno if there is a solution, i think we have to live with tis fact.

friendly regards,

• Christoph -[/b]

Are you sure? I’ve never noticed something like that, I run opengl apps hundreds of times and the memory is just fine.

-Lev

edit: spelling

[This message has been edited by Lev (edited 07-11-2002).]